Request For Proposal
CONTRACT TITLE: AKBLG Administrative Coordinator.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the Direction of the President, the Administrative Coordinator provides professional support services to the AKBLG Executive by performing a variety of confidential management and administrative duties in addition to supporting executive committee work, organizing events, facilitating travel, and acting as the liaison between UBCM, member municipalities, government ministries and other associations. This role includes typical duties of a traditional Secretary-Treasurer position, in oversight and responsibility for the safe-keeping and management of all funds, securities, financial records, and minutes of meetings of the Association and of the Board of Directors. The full text of the proposed contractual duties can be provided upon request.
PURPOSE: The Administrative Coordinator is responsible for the successful management and administrative support of the Association according to the strategic direction set by the Executive Board of Directors.
TERM: This contract will be for an inaugural term of approximately 16 months, starting as soon as reasonable and expiring on December 31, 2021. There is potential for consideration of annual renewal at that time.
QUALIFICATIONS: The successful contractor will bring the following to the position:
- Ability to understand and work within board governance and structures;
- Demonstrated administrative skills, including proficiency with digital technology and software (e.g. Word, Excel, Powerpoint, videoconferencing);
- Willingness to learn and implement systems;
- Ability to work non-traditional hours when required;
- Ability to work independently, and to communicate activities effectively to a working team;
- Self-directed, as well as task and goal-oriented;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Ability to prioritize multiple demands and effectively manage time;
- Friendly and pleasant manner;
- A flexible, adaptable, can-do attitude;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to build relationships with stakeholders, board members and external partners;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to handle confidential information
- We will review proposals received on or before July 31. This RFP will remain open for consideration of proposals until filled.
- We invite all interested parties to reply to email@example.com. All applications will be treated in strict confidence.